Women in Golf Charter
We are proud to be signatories on the England Golf's Women in Golf Charter, reaffirming our long standing commitment to promote the Women's game.
We hope to inspire other clubs from across the country to develop a more inclusive culture within golf for more women and girls to develop across all levels of the sport. Our commitments and targets have been set to ensure we continue to develop as a sport whilst working on all aspects of the club from club governance to recruitment and retention.
We are immensely proud of what we have achieved in the past two years since we became Charter Signatories. Highlights include:-
- We had over 80 NEW women involved in beginner group coaching.
- From these groups we had over 15 new members who are now playing regular golf each week.
- Our Junior Organiser Nik Fox hosts regular Junior Girls beginners coaching.
- Run a Girls only Golf Sixes team. A team that won the league in 2022.
- Over the next 12 months we hope to achieve many things, including the following:-
- Continue to introduce more Women beginner players to the game
- Host regular group coaching for existing Women members of the club
- Organise more social golf events.
The Charter is a Club commitment that will be constantly monitored by the Director of Golf, our Charter Champion and the Golf Club Committee to ensure we are meeting our targets.
Listing what you would like to achieve is the easy part but delivering it requires planning and dedication to the project, something we have an abundance of here at Kenwick Park Golf Club.
To read more about our Women's Section click on the link below...