The Men's Section has flourished in recent years. Headed by the Chairman of the Handicaps and Competitions Committee Richard Walker the section hosts many well supported competitions throughout the year. The events which are mainly played on Saturdays (with the option of also playing on a Sunday morning) along with mid week events during the summer months regularly attract in excess of 100 entries. Great prize funds are on offer during the wide ranging formats of events. The Professionals Shop monitor and control the bookings to ensure those who want to play, can!
Getting to know the 2021/22 Captain Paul Dewhurst............
- When did you start playing golf?
I’ve been playing golf for 50 years, during which time I’ve been a member of a number of golf clubs. I first came to Kenwick Park as it was being constructed, having seen the potential, I joined immediately and have played here ever since.
- What is your lowest ever Handicap?
- In a sentence or two what are your hopes as a Captain?
I hope that the club and membership continue to thrive, but most of all we are able to enjoy some fun days in the forthcoming year.
- What is your fondest memory of Kenwick Park?
During my time at Kenwick I have had many treasured memories, I’ve met some great people, shot some low scores, managed to win the odd trophy and had the good fortune to be involved in some great team matches. However, my fondest memory will always be the peace and tranquillity of being on a virtually deserted course early in the morning or late in the evening when the only sounds that can be heard are the animals, birds and occasional golf ball hitting a tree. We are very blessed as members to have such a wonderful place to come and relax.
- Outside of golf what is your most enjoyable hobby?
Attempting to play the guitar
- Which is your favourite hole at Kenwick?
The 18th, a great finishing hole which has seen much drama over the years.
- After Kenwick what is the best course you have played?
Kingsbarns in Scotland.
- What is your favourite club in your golf bag?
My tree iron I use it nearly every round at Kenwick!!
- What is your ‘go to’ order from Howard and Sammy in the clubhouse?
Pie (any variety) and Chips.
- Which three famous golfers or celebrities would make up your dream golfing 4 ball?
Jack Nicklaus, Lee Trevino and Tiger Woods.
Like all Captains past and present Paul will need the support of the membership, the staff and her Vice Captain. We are pleased to announce that Ian Dickinson will take up the Vice Captains role from the start of November.